Thursday, April 2, 2009

EXCUSE ME.

You know what bugs me? 

When you're in a lecture hall of 400+ people,you sneeze, and not ONE person says "bless you", so you're left to let out that lonely "excuse me" ? I always feel dumb when that happens. I'm not even sure why we have to say it. If the people around you didn't even care to say "bless you" then I'm pretty darn sure they don't care if you say "excuse me" or not. I'm not ranting for no reason now. I just sneezed in class and after sneezing,I counted to 1 Mississippi, of course no one said "bless you", so I said "excuse me" slumped back into my chair with a dumb smile. What do you do after you say "excuse me"? I just always find myself smiling after. Why do I do that? I'm not so sure. Maybe that's why I'm so perplexed by the formalities of sneezing. 

speaking of sneezes...I heard somewhere, I think it was from the Simpsons, that when you sneeze your soul escapes your body and people say "bless you" so that your soul can re-enter your body. I also heard that when you sneeze, your heart stops for a millisecond, or some really small period of time, and that's why people say "Bless you". So does that mean, that because I've sneezed in my class and no one said "bless you", that my soul is floating around somewhere in HIB100? Well, if you go to UCI, and you have class in HIB100, look for my soul and return it to me because the Simpsons once taught me that I needed that "bless you" to have my soul back... kaythanks.

Darn it, I can't believe my first blog is a one where I'm complaining about something stupid. 
oh well. 

BLESS YA'LL :O)

9 comments:

  1. LOL i'll look for your soul. hahahaha.
    you're silly chec.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW... there are no other words for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. today i was on my plane ride home when a big sneeze hit me, i even hit my head on the seat in front of me...no one came to my aid with the "bless you" fail :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finished reading this blog entry. I just met you and you already fascinate me. This is really out of line, especially asking you through a blog post, when I can actually just ask you through text or a simple phone call. This is definitely out of my element to give myself away so quickly, so maybe there might be a chance you might not even seen this since it's not as direct. But I was wondering, would you mind grabbing dinner? or possibly sitting over a cup of coffee? I'll eventually end up asking you out more directly, but I guess it's worth a shot if I do it through here, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. and I think you are breathtakingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!! You know what's really odd about all of this? I NEVER EVER check my blog, but I wanted to post a new blog entry today, because there has been a lot of things on my mind. Life is really unexpected. Just like me stumbling onto this comment you left me. So onto your question, well, should I even address it here? Maybe this was supposed to be one of those secrets I don't find til later. & how are you so sure I'm that interesting? For all you know, I could be the weirdest, most boring girl in the world :P haha.

    I'm really faulty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I guess the cat's out of the bag.
    I think you're a really interesting girl, and I am not sure how I'll make you believe me. Everyone I know talks about you (and don't get me wrong, they're all good things) but from what I've heard, you're a kindhearted person and on top of that guys are apparently lined up at your door. I was really skeptical when I heard these things, because no one could be so perfect. But when I finally met you, I was blown away. You are the sweetest, quirkiest, most charming person I've met thus far. I am usually never this straightforward, but something has come over me. So, looming question, do you want to go out for dinner sometime? Actually, is Ms. Ramirez even single?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This let me gain some perspective on something that's going on in my life now, so thank you. I'll explain later, maybe through a blog entry?

    And yes, im purposely dodging the last two questions you asked me. I'll answer them in time. =] har har har.

    ReplyDelete